Michael is a shareholder of the firm and focuses his practices on civil litigation, employment law, and class action matters. He has litigated numerous cases in federal, state, and bankruptcy courts as well as arbitration proceedings. Michael is a zealous advocate for his clients, both inside and outside the courtroom, and he has obtained excellent results in a diverse array of cases.
Prior to joining the firm now known as Lewis Kuhn Swan PC, Michael worked for three years at the Denver-based law firm Sherman & Howard LLC, where he practiced in the firm’s litigation and labor/employment departments.
Juris Doctor, University of Denver, 2010
- Order of St. Ives
- Academic Excellence Awards (highest grade in class) in Civil Procedure, Advanced Civil Procedure, Employment Discrimination Law, Real Estate, Criminal Procedure, and Agency, Partnership, and the LLC.
- Numerous Academic Scholarships
Bachelor of Arts, Economics, University of Northern Colorado, 2006
- Program Scholar
- Selected Outstanding Graduating Senior
- Obtained $6 million overtime settlement on behalf of over 630 Auditors and Underwriters.
- Represented various types of disputes on appeal to the Colorado Supreme Court and Colorado Court of Appeals.
- Represented employees and employers in various types of employment disputes, including wage and hour, discrimination, and trade secrets matters.
- Litigated numerous partnership/shareholder disputes involving breaches of fiduciary duty, dissolution, and shareholder inspection rights.
- Represented faction of Buddhist Wat in governance dispute involving breaches of fiduciary duty and First Amendment issues.
- Represented law firms in breach of fiduciary duty cases involving departure of associate attorneys.
- Obtained favorable ruling in a contract dispute case brought against former candidate for the United States Senate.