CLIENT-FOCUSED DENVER ATTORNEYS SERVING CHERRY CREEK, AURORA & THROUGHOUT COLORADO
Burn injury survivors experience some of the most painful and disfiguring injuries imaginable. If you've been severely burned, you don't just suffer intense physical pain and immense scarring, you are left with emotional and psychological trauma that most people will never know.
At Leventhal Lewis, our Denver attorneys understand the stress and emotional anguish a burn injury can inflict on you and your family. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation. We proudly help accident victims from Aurora, Cherry Creek and throughout Colorado.
Causes of Burn Injuries
Unfortunately, there are several causes of burn injuries. Common causes include:
- Contact burns: These result when a person's body comes in contact with an extremely hot element, such as flame, scalding liquid, steam or hot metal.
- Inhalation burns: These injuries occur when a person inhales fumes or smoke during a fire.
- Radiation (ultraviolet) burns: These injuries often take place when a person is exposed to the sun's ultraviolet rays for an extended period of time. These burns also occur frequently with tanning beds.
- Electrical burns: These burns are caused by electrical currents flowing through a victim's body.
- Chemical burns: These injuries result from the skin coming in contact with harmful substances like sulfuric acid or alkaloids.
There are several events that can result in burn injuries. Our experienced burn injury lawyers help individuals who have been burned because of another's wrongful or careless actions in:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bus accidents
- Train accidents
- Aviation accidents
- Premises liability accidents
- Defective product accidents
No matter what caused your burn injury, it will require extensive medical treatment and long-term care. You may be required to miss long periods from work, leaving you with unexpected financial burdens for which you and family are not prepared.
Types of Burn Injuries
Burn Injuries are classified into three categories:
- First-degree burn: These burns involve the top layer of skin, and cause the skin to become red, swollen and painful to the touch.
- Second-degree burn: These injuries involve the first two layers of skin. Signs of a second-degree burn include a deep reddening of the burn area, blisters, leaking body fluid and potential skin loss.
- Third-degree burn: These severe burns permanently destroy skin tissue. The skin may be painless, with the exception of nearby second and third degree burn areas. Skin may be dry and leathery with burnt black and white patches.
Second- and third-degree burns require immediate medical attention. Victims may need to endure several skin graft surgeries to repair the damaged area, which may only partially address the burn. Some severely burned limbs require amputation. Burn victims can lose their sense of touch, as well as the ability to sweat or perform normal actions. Emotional trauma related to these injuries can be extremely difficult to overcome.
Legal Representation in a Burn Injury Case
Burn injury cases are complex, and require accident reconstruction investigators and forensics experts. The dedicated Denver burn injury attorneys at Leventhal Lewis have the knowledge, experience and resources necessary to build your best case. You pay nothing until we recover money for you.
If you or someone you love is suffering because of a burn injury caused by some else's negligence, contact our Denver office today online to schedule a free consultation with our attorneys. We welcome clients from Aurora, Cherry Creek and neighboring Denver communities.